When Noah turned 4 yesterday, i wasn’t sure how I felt.. i was excited to experience his new tricks and see him grow taller and smarter but I was also a bit sad that my baby is no longer a baby… and then there’s this fear for his future.
If you’re parents, there’s no guarantee how our children will turn up. We can only offer their future up to God in prayer.. Only He knows, He holds the future and He is always in control but the good news is God is faithful.
We always pray for Noah, and pray for God to help us become Godly parents and bring Noah up in the way he should go, so that when he is old, he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6)
This prayer was shared to me by my good friend Maja for her daughter, Yuna. We just tweaked it a bit and personalized it.
- Truly know and love Jesus at early age. May he develop a personal and intimate relationship with God.
- Fall in love with God’s word. May he always read the Bible, meditate on it day and night and pray always in every situation.
- Be given wisdom and discernment for all the decisions that he will make.
- Be surrounded with Godly male role model and good company. May God hand-pick her friends.
- Bear the fruits of the spirit.
- Be able to share the gospel with love and boldness to his friends and may he make disciples in God’s time.
- Always know that he is fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Never feel alone or insecure. May he anchor his security and identity only in the Lord.
- May the Lord keep him from anything that will cause pain and discomfort
- May he have strong lungs and beautiful skin; never to develop any forms of allergies and asthma.
- May he be protected from bed bugs, cockroaches, ants, and mosquito bites.
Noah’ s future…
- For his future partner – that she will be a Godly woman, that she will love Noah, respect and submit to him as the church loves God. For them to have a Christ filled relationship. May the Lord preserve their purity until they get married.
- Noah’s future family – that as one, they will love, serve, and be faithful to God. May all the kids under his family abide by Ephesians 6:1, mothers by Proverbs 22:6, women by Proverbs 31, and may all the men under his generation be imitators of Christ.
- May Noah discover and hone his God given talents so that he can use these to give glory to God’s name.
May God be glorified in Noah’s life and His will be done always, in Jesus Name.
I encourage you all to pray for your children, no matter their age. No matter the situation and for whatever reason. God is pleased when we come to Him in prayer.
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.